Frequently Asked Questions
1. After cleaning out the calcium and barnacles from my heat exchangers, what will stop this from happening again?
2. Can I use this system for the gen-set I’ve got on-board?
3. Do I have to have my heat exchangers removed and cleaned before installing a Fresh Water Flushing System?
4. Do I have to turn off the seacock when operating the fresh water flushing device?
5. How do I clean the internals of my heat exchanger without removing it?
With the system installed, regular flushing with fresh water, on the completion of each boat trip, will eliminate salt build-up in the heat exchanger. The fresh water will dissolve the residual salts from the substrate as the heat from the engine is transferred to the fresh water absorbing the salts and holding them in suspension until motor start up. These salts are then released back into there environment.
6. How does calcium build up in the heat exchangers?
7. I’m not a mechanic, how easy is it to install a Fresh Water Flushing System?
8. I’ve just spent over $3,000 per motor to have my heat exchangers cleaned, do I now need to install these flushing devices?
By regularly flushing your engines with fresh water at the end of each boat trip, you will be keeping the build up of salt in your heat exchangers to a minimum.
9. Is the Fresh Water Flushing System only available for main engines?
10. Is there a better way to flush your heat exchangers?
11. My heat exchangers are clean but the engines are still over heating.
12. Why install a Fresh Water Flushing System to my vessel’s motor(s) heat exchangers?
About Marine Products Australia
Marine Products Australia (MPA) specialises in custom solutions for your boating and marine needs. Offering quality products from Australia’s leading marine manufacturers, Marine Products Australia works with you to create effective marine solutions for your boat, jet ski or houseboat.
Marine Products Australia
Ph: 1300 842 928
19 Melrich Road
Bayswater VIC 3153
Mon–Fri: 9.00am–4:30pm (AEDT)